The Rossell House was constructed in 1919 on Carlisle Road as one of eight residential commissions by Philadelphia architect Charles Barton Keen in Greensboro. The property has been preserved by its owner, Jackie Humphrey through the donation of a preservation easement. Easements are recognized as the strongest protection for historic properties.Details
The Preservation Greensboro Development Fund works to preserve structures through partnerships, acquisition, and through donation and oversight of preservation easements.
When property owners donate historic properties to Preservation Greensboro Development Fund, they can claim a charitable deduction on Federal income tax. In most cases an easement donor may deduct the value of the property, for a percentage of the taxpayer’s adjusted gross income, from Federal taxes. For further guidance on determining the value of a property a professional appraiser should be consulted.
Properties sold through the Fund will hold a preservation easement that will protect significant architectural features and work to preserve sites into the future. A significant component of a preservation easement is restriction of demolition of properties, though most sites have greater detail of protected features.
The Fund welcomes partnerships and encourages innovative solutions to preservation issues. If you would like to be involved with the Preservation Greensboro Development Fund, please contact the PGI office at 336-272-5003, or email Benjamin Briggs, Executive Director of Preservation Greensboro.