Preservation Greensboro Development Fund
Daniels House at 904 Haywood Street in the Glenwood neighborhood
This property has been sold.
This Craftsman bungalow at 904 Haywood was built in the 1920s, and was historically rented to widowed women. In 1930 it was the home of Mrs Pearl Daniels and Mrs Retta Marsh. By 1932 it was the home of Mrs Vida Dowdy who rented to Mrs Mattie Phillips into the 1940s. The house contains approximately 900 square feet of space with two bedrooms and one bathroom. It was substantially rehabilitated in the 1990s.
This home was sold in June 2015 with a preservation easement to serve as the boundary between UNCG to the north and the Glenwood neighborhood to the south. Protections ensure that the properties will not be destroyed for redevelopment, and will remain within scale with the neighborhood and remain under residential use.