The Carriage House is a distinctive two story rental pavilion located on the grounds of historic Blandwood Mansion.
Two spacious rooms, one on each level, an outdoor patio and beautiful grounds make this an elegant location for your wedding, reception, corporate retreat, conference, or other special occasion.
The Carriage House is shown by appointment only.
Find out more about events at The Carriage House on Facebook.
Click to advance images
CARRIAGE HOUSE CAPACITY
Both the upper and lower levels are included in your rental.
Please note that room capacity is determined by your table and chair set up. The numbers listed are the maximum allowed by fire code.
Maximum Capacity 150
An elegant, high-ceilinged ballroom with double glass doors opening to the patio and a view of the Blandwood gardens. Ideal for weddings, dances and receptions.
Maximum Capacity 175
An expansive carpeted meeting/ dining room. Adjacent caterer’s
kitchen is equipped with a warming oven, double refrigerator, sinks, and large prep area.
CARRIAGE HOUSE AMENITIES
- Free table and chair set-up of Carriage House furniture.
- Dressing Rooms available.
- Beautiful grounds available for outdoor events.
- Five minutes from 250 hotel rooms and within walking distance of downtown shops and restaurants plus easy access to Interstate 40-85.
- Unique historic setting on the grounds of Blandwood, a National Historic Landmark.
CARRIAGE HOUSE RENTAL RATES
- Table/chair set–up and breakdown, Carriage House furniture only
- 200 Chairs (interior only)
- 9 six foot rectangular tables
- 2 eight foot rectangular tables
- 3 thirty inch high-top cocktail tables
- 12 sixty inch round tables
- 1 four foot rectangular table
A licensed caterer from our approved list is required.
If you choose a caterer not on the list, you are responsible for contacting that caterer and having them submit these required forms: valid NC ABC permit, certificate of liability insurance issued to PGI, sanitation grade, and business license.
Ask us about our package rates!
Special rate for 501(c)(3) nonprofits available upon request. Proof of nonprofit status is required.
- Non-refundable Security Deposit to hold date – 50% of total rent – applied to balance
- $350 damage deposit-refundable after the event upon building inspection.
- Security Guard $175 minimum
- Tent fee $350 – you set up your own tent – tent must be rented through vendor and inspected and permitted by the City of Greensboro Fire Department.
Balance due in full ninety (90) days prior to event.