The History of the Preservation Movement in Greensboro

The preservation movement has been active in Greensboro since 1887, when the Guilford Battleground Company was organized to preserve the Revolutionary War battlefield just north of the city. Other early projects in the city included the preservation of the Weir House on North Edgeworth Street for use as the headquarters of the Greensboro Women’s Club…

Gold House

Preservation Greensboro Development Fund Gold House, 211 South Edgeworth Street This property was demolished This three-bay, two-story, Colonial Revival-style residence was likely constructed around 1925. The side-gabled, 2,656 square foot structure retained original wood trim, plaster walls, and oak/pine floors. Other notable features included wire-cut exterior brick, a full-width front porch, and fanlights in the…

Winston-Salem Architectural Heritage

By Heather Fearnbach A narrative and photographic overview of the Twin City’s architectural development from the eighteenth century to the present. There are almost 900 documentary and current images of architecturally and historically significant buildings and neighborhoods. Published in 2015. Hardcover $60.00