Once under a demolition order, this house is a well-preserved classic bungalow, featuring the low-pitched roof, wide eaves with diagonal braces, and generous front porch that were evocative of homes in East Asia. It was constructed in 1923, and donated by Keith Bowman in 2008.
One of the three oldest houses in College Hill, and one of a small number of houses in Greensboro built in the Greek Revival style, this house was vacant and vandalized when it was saved from destruction in 1992. It was the second property saved by the Development Fund.
In May 1989, the home was severely damaged by a severe thunderstorm that blew ancient maple trees on to the house and threatened its future. The Fund acquired the property from the county, and in turn sold the historic property to a preservation-minded buyer in November 1991 with a preservation easement.