Preservation Greensboro Development Fund
Gold House, 211 South Edgeworth Street
This property was demolished
This three-bay, two-story, Colonial Revival-style residence was likely constructed around 1925. The side-gabled, 2,656 square foot structure retained original wood trim, plaster walls, and oak/pine floors. Other notable features included wire-cut exterior brick, a full-width front porch, and fanlights in the gables. In the 1970s, the house was adaptively reused as office space.
The house was offered to the Development Fund on the condition that it be relocated. Unfortunately, no parties were able to develop a suitable relocation plan, so the house was destroyed in the summer of 2009.