The History of the Preservation Movement in Greensboro

The preservation movement has been active in Greensboro since 1887, when the Guilford Battleground Company was organized to preserve the Revolutionary War battlefield just north of the city. Other early projects in the city included the preservation of the Weir House on North Edgeworth Street for use as the headquarters of the Greensboro Women’s Club…